Thursday, February 28, 2013

Heart Thrill

I'm only supposed to write 2 journals a week now, but I have to share this joy...

Mr. Moody who has been pulling grades in the F and D range in every class, has put his mind into getting his interactive notebook caught up for Bible class. He filled in the blank pages, got class notes from classmates, asked for help on the assignments he didn't understand, and got it all done!

Late last night, I finished grading it and entered the grades in our online grading system. It pulled him up to a B! A B!!! I was so excited, I yelled the news down to the bedroom at the end of the hall, which answered WoooHOOO!!! out of the darkness. (I live with my cooperating teacher.)

Today I slipped the graded notebook in front of him and whispered, "You have a B now."

He grunted non-commitally, and I wondered as I walked away if it meant anything to him.

I didn't have to wait long to know.

In moments, he was excitedly tapping the arms of the students next to him. "Hey, hey did you hear that?? I have a B in Bible!"

And my heart smiles to see one who has known so very little of the fulfilling satisfaction of accomplishment taste the sweetness of it.

This must be what God feels like when His messed up little ones come pleading for His strength and they find that overcoming sin really is possible!!

Seeing "I can't, why should I try?" turn into "Hey, I did this!"....

It's just another one of the things I love about my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment